This episode of iMic brings you a comprehensive guide to ransomware, it’s impacts, diagnoses, and prevention.
Mr. Damitha Shyamantha, the CTO of Autolendo – Fleet system, shared interesting facts on the background of ransomware, the origin story, and details of some of the biggest ransomware attacks the world has faced.
In addition, the impacts of ransomware on an individual and an organization were discussed. This episode also addresses what preventive methods an individual or an organization can follow to be secure from ransomware.
- 1.04 – What is a Ransomware?
- 1.25 – First recorded occurrence of a Ransomware attack.
- 2.26 – What are the biggest Ransomware attacks in history?
- 4.26 – How computers get attacked by Ransomware?
- 5.03 – Impacts of Ransomware on our computers.
- 6.38 – Impacts of Ransomware on an organization.
- 7.31 – How can an individual detect a Ransomware?
- 8.38 – How to detect a Ransomware on an organization level?
- 9.02 – What to do when you are already infected by a Ransomware attack?
- 10.36 – How to handle a Ransomware attack at the organizational level?
- 11.03 – Is paying the ransom a real solution?
- 12.10 – How to avoid ransomware attacks as an individual?
- 14.35 – How to avoid a Ransomware attack at the organizational level?
- 16.52 – Final remarks from the guest speaker.